23-09-2026, 01:26 PM
I've been looking at a used Volkswagen Golf GTI for a couple of weeks and finally found one that seems promising, but the seller is one of those guys who says everything is perfect and doesn't want to wait around for me to get it checked. I've heard these cars can have DSG gearbox and timing chain issues that don't show up on a short test drive, and I'm not confident enough to spot them myself. A friend told me I should look into a Quality Volkswagen car check for used vehicle buyers, but part of me wonders if that's overkill for a car that seems fine. Has anyone here actually gone through a proper inspection on a used VW? Did it catch something the seller conveniently forgot to mention? I'm in Dubai and the car is in Sharjah, so I'm also trying to figure out if mobile inspectors travel between emirates. The seller is pushing me to decide by the weekend, which always makes me a bit nervous, and I don't want to rush into something I'll regret. Any real experiences would really help me decide.

