14-09-2026, 08:32 PM
I had already spent quite a lot of time reading about doing business in the UAE before I came across SORP, but I still did not have a clear idea of where to begin. Every new source seemed to introduce another term, license, or registration option, which made the whole process feel more complicated than it probably needed to be. I decided to start again from the basics and look at the process in a logical order. First, I considered the business model and target market, then I looked at the choice between mainland and free-zone incorporation. After that, licensing and the necessary approvals became the next things on my list. I found SORP useful because its service follows roughly this sequence rather than treating company registration as an isolated task. While working through the information, I kept returning to the question of how to start a business in dubai and what I would actually need to prepare before contacting an adviser. The information about business plans, licensing, incorporation, physical addresses, permits, and banking helped me create a checklist that was much more practical than my original notes. I also learned that the work does not end after the company is registered. There can be ongoing accounting, tax, legal, PRO, immigration, and employee-related matters, depending on the business. That part was especially useful because I had previously focused almost entirely on getting the company established. My experience with the service has therefore been mainly about planning and understanding the process rather than expecting someone else to make every decision for me. It gave me a structured starting point and helped me identify the areas where I need specific professional advice for my own business activity.

